4 July 2020

Episode 24 - Pondering in Silence




Previously on






*
*
*
*
*




The impact of Oliver's exit and the furious argument that followed it up did snake it's way into the social interactions of the next day, some bridges the Jetsetters built up were backed up once again, whereas others were kicked down once more.

Kiki: "It was tough when Jayda and Hannes left, so I want to say that I know what you're going through now. We're okay, right?"
Lucas: "We are. Can't say that about the other two though... They just went savage at me."
Kiki: "They absolutely went... To be very honest I've been feeling that there was something brewing against us."
Lucas: "Yeah, I've been under that impression as well. Stuff like passive aggressive remarks..."




Lucas: "... I guess the Assassin thrives with all this toxic though."
Kiki: "... They sadly do. So we gotta show we're better than that."
Lucas: "Easier said than done though."
Kiki: ".. I know..."




Freya: "Your claim, that you spied on them?"
Euphelia: "... Oh that. So you think I didn't?"
Freya: "Yeah, I spied on them."
Euphelia: "Interesting... Good to know that you're watching us from the shadows, I'll keep my eye on you, thanks."
Freya: "... Oh SHIT!"




Freya: "Why did you claim that you spied on them though?"
Euphelia: "I have my reasons for that, Freya. And I'm not going to share them with you."
Freya: "You owe it to me. After everything said and done."
Euphelia: "Remember what I said yesterday, 'All four of us can be manipulative bastards'..."




The distrustful mood and bonds on the Jetsetter made a strong contrast with the Challenge of the day, where Jetsetters had to estimate how well their peers would perform in tasks and entrust them with bets for it. Some of the Jetsetters gave their tasks a try, whereas others thought they'd be better off skipping it.

Odessa: "Each one of you will receive §25.000, which you have to bet on the other players passing or failing their task."
Min Hee: "It's not allowed to bet money on a player both passing and failing, for example: 3.000 on Odessa passing and 3.000 on her failing.
Odessa: "Your task will be texted to you privately after I got all these ratings in. A small tip of the iceberg: each task will have to be performed this afternoon."




Min Hee: "If every one of you brings in at least §12.000 on bet money, the group earns a Clue. You might want to keep all of that in mind when deciding on whether to complete your task or not..."
Odessa: "You will have 6 hours from now on to complete that task."
Min Hee: "Good luck and lots of wisdom."




Lucas: "Oof... One more lot and... I'm DONE!... Sheesh... this thing is... getting sweaty..."




Freya: "Thirty pieces of fruit my butt. I'm gonna bake myself a cake. Knowing them they'll all think I fail anyway, so I might as well just throw it. Maybe I'll make more money that way as well. Might as well just go and enjoy my time here."




In the time span of the Challenge, things came to a fiery clash once again between Kiki and Euphelia, exposing her sticky-fingered tendencies to the rest of the Jetsetters for good...

*Kiki grabs the marbles from her pocket and shows them to Euphelia*

Kiki: "... Those are not yours... Why did you steal them from Jayda?"
Euphelia: "... I didn't steal them. I found them lying around. So I just took them in."
Kiki: "You just took them in? And you didn't ask around whether they might be, you know... someone else's property?"




Euphelia: "I beg you pardon, are you accusing me of theft?"
Kiki: "... If you put your behaviour that way, then yes."
Euphelia: "Charming... and ironic too. I put those marbles in my drawer, so the only way for YOU to get them is by sneaking into MY room and stealing them from MY possessions."
Kiki: "... They're Jayda's and I intend on bringing them back to their rightful owner."
Euphelia: "... But you still invaded my private quarters to get them."




In the end, it turned out the Jetsetters made some wrong choices that day, and things were about to get heated again...

Min Hee: "Altogether you've earned §33.000 for the group today. Sounds like a nice stash, but it was the lowest you could get after all bets were said and done. And as a result the Assassin has earned §67.000 today. Today's battle has been won by the Assassin."
Odessa: "Don't forget though that you can still win the war as the Jetsetters, by unmasking the Assassin as a group."




Lucas: "Welp... that went like shit."
Kiki: "Maybe we're all the Assassins."
Euphelia: "You cost us §15.000 though, Kiki."
Kiki: "I did... But I won them back by betting §15.000 on Lucas winning."




Freya: "Are we even allowed to say that now?"
Lucas: "You did? Thanks for that Kiki."
Euphelia: "I also brought in §10.000 if you think about it that way."
Freya: "You could've earned §14.000 extra if you just went out and said hi to people though."




... until Odessa suffocated the heat with a fire blanket.

Odessa: "You know what, let's do some group bonding activity after dinner!"
Jetsetters: "..."
Odessa: "We should play some fun hide 'n seek and then just shut up okay?!"

*Ding-ding-ding-ding!*




Odessa: 
"Ready or not, here I come, you can't hide"



Euphelia Nightingale, Freya Valquist, Kiki Lafayette and Lucas McCloud.
One of them will be sent home tonight. One of them has to send someone home tonight.
One of them played questionable in their attempts to thwart the group without being detected.
Three of them played questionable in their attempts to unmask the one who is thwarting them.
But which person is operating on which agenda though?
Who has the better eye for the bigger picture and will outsmart the rest?
With complete silence being the current policy, will the minds of the Jetsetters make the game tonight?

*
*
*

20 PLAYERS, 10 TWINS, 1 CRUISE
THIS IS






*
*
*
*
*


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Gym
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



















* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Karaoke Bar
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *








































* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kitchen
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



















* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Library
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *













* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Lavatory
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *























* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Spa
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


































* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Werewolf Bedroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



















* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Theatre
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





*Freya puts in her Ranking*




*Euphelia puts in her Ranking*




*Lucas puts in his Ranking*




*Kiki puts in her Ranking*



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Host Bedroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
















* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Public Pizzeria
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



















 Odessa: "Hey guys..."




Odessa: "I think we have to talk."




Euphelia: "Yeah."
Kiki: "Good idea."
Lucas: "Mhmm."
Freya: "Yup, we should."




Freya: "I mean, this is probably one of our last moments together as the final 4."
Euphelia: "Last season someone left during dinner as well, I could easily imagine that trick being repeated today."




Freya: "Yeah... I'm just worried who is going to leave... I don't want to miss out on the finale, I'm pretty much halfway in there already..."
Lucas: "Do you really think the Assassin would Eliminate you?"
Freya: "Don't jinx it Lucas. I'm far too nervous already."




Kiki: "Calm down Freya... As you said, it's one of our last moments together with 4 and I want this to be a good experience for all of us. No arguments, we're gonna have a nice, happy dinner together."
Freya: "Well...... Hmm, yeah, might as well make the most of my final moments on the show."
Kiki: "Don't say that, it's a... one-in-three shot if you're Nominated. Anyone could be going."




Euphelia: "Yess... You're quite calm for someone who could be leaving any second, Kiki."
Kiki: "I'm confident that I figured out who the Assassin is. And I'm confident that they'd keep me in the game if it came down to a tie."
Euphelia: "The Assassin would not have to worry about leaving."
Lucas: "And the person who has not been Nominated by the Assassin, they'd be save too."




Lucas: "So if the Assassin has Nominated themselves only two people need to be worried."
Min Hee: "That's a very good observation, Lucas."
Lucas: "Though then again the Assassin could act like they're nervous, to gain more innocence cred."




Euphelia: "Even a dinner like this is still part of the game for them. For everyone..."
Lucas: "Exactly."
Freya: "The game never ends... And it sucks to be honest."




Kiki: "Yes, Three weeks of questioning everything the people around you do or say demands it's toll on your mental state. Jetset is like living in this psychological mind-fucking carrousel non-stop."
Lucas: "Yes, like 'I want to get off Mr Bonesassin's wild ride'."
Odessa: "That is a very accurate description you got indeed, guys."




Kiki: "If you're ever going to organise an All-Stars then it better not be next year..."
Freya: "Hey captain, where are you going?"




Captain Dockhatt: "Bathroom. Me really gots to go..."
Freya: "Hmm, sure. You gotta go when you gotta go."




Min Hee: "But anyways, we didn't reserve the restaurant for nothing. All of you did a great job so far and your efforts for the game deserve to be rewarded. Even though this season had it's rough start with two twin pairs having to drop out early, the season beyond that was made into the best that could be."




Odessa: "What can I say besides what Min Hee already said? You played the game, you were critical of what was said, you've been contorting the truth, you've planned sabotages and planted seeds to outplay the other Jetsetters and that brought you here, at the final points. At this point you're almost guaranteed to have ranked the Assassin, even. So good job, good luck and lots of wisdom, and have a wine or something to celebrate."
Min Hee: "No wine Odessa, you're underage."

















Waiter: "Le bollette, signorina. The bills."




Odessa: "Interesting... Jetsetters, our final payment has arrived..."



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*






Euphelia: "... Well, shoot..."




Euphelia: "I guess the Assassin thought it was best to get rid of me at this point."
Odessa: "They thought so indeed. You can say your goodbyes and then you'll come with me."




Euphelia: "Well... Dear Assassin. To refer back to the host's words at the last Challenge: you may have won the battle against me, but I'll make sure that you will not win the war."




Euphelia: "I put you on top of my Ranking today, but you still managed to Eliminate me. That can only mean one thing: you have been cornered by all of us."




Euphelia: "I'm pretty sure that the peanut gallery will be convinced of your guilt as well. I'm sure they can put all the clues together and then it'll be painfully clear to see who it is, and you will fall."




Euphelia: "... After all that happened there's one bit of good news for me in this though. I am sure that I've put the Assassin in my Rankings today, so with me being off the chopping block in the finale I'm sure to bank in that money. Good luck and lots of wisdom everybody. Now, good-bye, and I will see you in two days!"
Jetsetters: "Goodbye!"




Min Hee: "... Congratulations, Jetsetters! Or should I say... finalists! When this season started with your dropping in the Netherlands the three of you were probably not expecting to stay around until this point, there was a glimmer of hope in there, but with 19 opponents it was surely not going to be an easy task to outlast the rest of the competition."




Min Hee: "One of the three of you however, was destined to become the Assassin on this trip. They've had to plan cunning, yet subtle sabotages and come up with a plan to avoid being suspected the most, try to figure out the patterns of suspicions and maneuver them in the directions that would benefit their game the most."




Min Hee: "In two days however, their reign will be over and their identity will be exposed to the world. But will you, and your fallen fellows figure out their secret as well, or is there someone else who has done a bit too much sabotaging and pay the price for it? Only time will tell by then, but for you the game isn't over yet."




Min Hee: "One advantage of being a finalist is, that... your scores for ranking the Assassin will be doubled! That means that if your score's currently 10, it'll become 20 now."
Jetsetters: "Great!"
Min Hee: "With the stakes rised you'll be facing one more Challenge tomorrow, to try and tell the world that you are not the Assassin and to earn some extra money. And to give you one tip of the iceberg... There is one thing that you have done earlier this season, that didn't make their return yet... But for now: Good luck and lots of wisdom!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Downtown Monte Vista
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Odessa: "Euphelia.. How does it feel to be leaving right before the end?"
Euphelia: "There are two sides to it, honestly. It-"




Odessa: "Would you care to elaborate?"
Euphelia: "... It really sucks to be missing out the final part of the show. You could compare it to watching a series on Netflix, but then the finale goes offline before you get watch it."
Odessa: "Been there, that sucks."




Euphelia: "But the good part of it is that, unless those three, I won't be on the chopping block myself. And since I am confident in my suspect to be the Assassin, I just need to convince the rest of my theories, and then everything the Assassin has taken from us will be returned."
Odessa: "That's a good analysis of the situation you're in."




Euphelia: "It is."
Odessa: "Are you sure that you're not having a severe tunnel vision though?"
Euphelia: "I'm sure. I've looked at the clues and everybody's actions and how they could fit together to build 'Assassin', but the pieces only click together with my suspect."




Odessa: "You sound confident."
Euphelia: "I am a thinker, after all."
Odessa: "And now your luxurious Ferrari has arrived. It is time for you to go home."




Euphelia: "... If you don't mind I'd rather.. Walk home."
Odessa: "... Are you sure about that?"
Euphelia: "I live here, I know the way. I need some fresh air to get my head out of Jetset-mode and back into my daily life mode. It's been over 3 weeks."




Odessa: "... Sure?..."




Odessa: "... That's all folks, of our 17th and final Eliminee: Euphelia Nightingale!"




*Euphelia suddenly makes a 180 and walks back towards Odessa*




Odessa: "... Hey? There's no ticket back on the show you know?"




Euphelia: "I know... Just gonna take the scenic route back home you know?"
Odessa: "... Right..."




Odessa: "... THAT is all folks, of our 17th and final Eliminee: Euphelia Nightingale!"










Camera person 1: "This is taking too long, why couldn't she just take the Ferrari?"
Camera person 2: "Yeah. Let's take a break and be back to film her at her house."
Camera person 1: "KFC?"
Camera person 2: "KFC!"






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Nightingale House
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Euphelia: "... Home sweet home..."




Euphelia: "... At least I can sleep in my own bed now..."




Euphelia: "...---Wait a sec---"




Euphelia: "---What are YOU doing here?!?!"




*The door closes with a loud thud*



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
End of Episode 24
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bloopers
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Someone bore this poor fellow to death. Just as I got everybody sitting around nicely... Guess I have to seat everybody all over again. >:C




Odessa: "Waiter! I think there's something a little wrong with my plate..."
Lucas: "Just blame Meredith for it."


***Note from Vul: Meredith is indeed to blame for this, she bugged out when I had her help grabbing separate slices from the main pizza serving and thanks to that, one of the slices was stuck vertically.




Why the sudden shocked faces? Well, look what's happened in the restaurant...








Pleh...

There was also a toddler crying and causing the cast to stand up from their chairs and groan in annoyance, so I had to delete him as well (begone tot).







***** NOTE TO Y'ALL - WRITING A REALITY SHOW AIN'T EASY *****



No comments:

Post a Comment