14 October 2018

Episode 4 - Building Bridges




Previously on




*
*
*
*
*




The morning after Apollo and Diana left, the Jetsetters finally arrived at the mystery location: Shang Simla, China, on board of a different ship than they used to be on.

Euphelia: "How the hell did they?"




Odessa: "Welcome on board of the houseboat of Abnormality Season 3.1!"
Benjamin: "NO WAY!!..... Really..."
Min Hee: "Her idea, she stumbled upon it."
Odessa: "And fuck it's mine, it's finally mine hahahahaaa!"





While the Jetsetters adjusted to this unexpected change...

Benjamin: "... It is the water..."
Ethan: ".. It's not sea water right?"
Benjamin: "No.. it just looks so muddy you see.. And it's downing me a bit."
Ethan: ".. Kinda like gloomy weather?"




Pearl: "Soo... what would be the plan for the next Challenge?"
Wendi: "It sucks that we all have to share one bedroom now. Incredibly inconvenient when considering the game we're playing here."
Pearl: ".. Sooome people are very annoying, but I don't mind it too much."
Wendi: "Why are we standing outside here, Pearl?"




... Another two Jetsetters, Frankie and Jerry Belcastro, unexpectedly said goodbye to the game.

Jerry: "ANYTHING'S BETTER THAN BEIN' NEAR THAT ASS! I QUIT!!!"
Eugene: "NO! JERRY, WAIT!"
Frankie: "MPPPHH-MMHHHH!!"




Frankie: "We gotta do some bisniss for the restaurant. I gotta leave now."
Min Hee: "You're going to officially quit Jetset?"

*Frankie nods*

Odessa: "Okay, you can leave now. Bye-bye!"
Frankie: "... Hmph."




The Challenge of the day involved trust and communication between the recently formed duos.

Min Hee: "You will cross this field by moving 1, 2 or 3 squares forward at once. When you end on a square, you'll receive what's hidden on that square, which could be good or bad."
Odessa: "You can encounter 7 different things on a square, or nothing at all. These things are: §2.000, §3.000, §5.000, a Thief, a Nuke, a Clue and a Switch.
Min Hee: "The Walkers will cross this field not knowing what's in front of them. The Overviewers, standing on the sidelines, do know what's ahead of the Walkers. Every Overviewer can advice their Walker on how many steps to move through a small microphone and earpiece."




Min Hee: "Jayda has finished! The Challenge is over after 13 turns. Does this mean bad luck? Or, since this IS Jetset, will this mean good luck for you to come?"
Odessa: "The Simoleon tally's on §44.500 out of §80.000, and all Walkers but Hannes have earned a Clue. So you could say the luck is on the Jetsetters' side."
Min Hee: "But now that this Challenge has ended it'll be soon time for the Ranking. The opportunity for the Assassin to turn the tables their way."
Odessa: "Even though with the departure of Jerry and now Frankie as well there won't be an Elimination, the Assassin can still Nominate people. And that means they'll get intel on your Ranking."




The musical number introduced guests stars Artie Stique and Linda Blake to hang out for the rest of the day.

Linda: "I'm going to any world you're coming from"
Artie: "Anyplace, anywhere, anytime"





Linda: "Thanks for inviting us over Odessa."
Odessa: "Why not, if you two were around here anyways.
Linda: "We're on a world quest now, so."
Artie: "Oui, zat iz un grand way to faire attacher to ze deux of uz."
Euphelia: "Ahem, bonding you mean?"
Artie: "... Exactement."







With 4 people quitting less than 24 hours apart our Jetsetters will stick around for the next couple of days without any risk of the Assassin striking. Will the Jetsetters be able to find a bit of peace in these circumstances, or will the outlook on future Challenges and Eliminations keep them focused? Will all this cause changes in the group dynamics?

*
*
*

20 PLAYERS, 10 TWINS, 1 CRUISE
THIS IS JETSET




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Hannes: "My will to stay in this game is fading away with each passing day on this boat. What was the production thinking of matching me with Meredith, a girl with a lack of self-esteem which she also tries to destroy in other people, especially me. I fear that the things that she said to me are the harmless ones, and she already told me to die, y'know. Apart from that, I'm annoyed with the hosts. Okay, Min Hee is alright-ish, but I don't get why it was a good idea to let Odessa be the second host. Yeah, I get that she was the second survivor of this massacre and yadiyadiyadah, but she is still a freaking kid. I have a granddaughter her age and she has the same lack of responsibility as Odessa. Also it is clear that she wants this good host, bad host theme, and she actually achieves it: She IS a bad host."

Hannes: "Also, I feel really lonely on Jetset. Although I have Freya, Kiki, Jayda and Pearl to talk to, the others pretty much avoid me, and I really don't know what I've done wrong. Nobody approaches me and when I try to approach somebody, it end quickly and in an awkward silence. For the most of them I'm just an old fart. At home its quite the same, most of my kids are out of home and although I phone with them a lot, they are too busy with their own families and I'm pretty much alone. Freya is the only one I see frequently at the moment, and as soon as she starts a family, she will also have less time. Ugh, maybe it is my destiny to be alone..."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outside
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Hannes: "You've heard it - we're racing Benjie to the bridge!"
Pearl: "Huff! Wait for me!"
Hannes: "But not too much, okay?"




*Hannes slows down a bit*

Pearl: "Aaaaah, thanks."
Hannes: "Then again, I'm old, I need to take a small break once in a while hahaha."
Pearl: "Eheheh, true."




Pearl: "Okay, let's beat that young fishy man there!"
Hannes: "Peace of cake for a former Simlympian."
Pearl: "And a future one!"




Hannes: "Ambitious, aren't you?"
Pearl: "Yup!"
Hannes: "Let's show me what you got!"
Pearl: "Okidoki!"




*Pearl sprints away*

Hannes: "Whoa!"
Pearl: "Catch me if you caaaaaaan!"




Hannes: "I bet I can, ha! Just had my break!"
Pearl: "Let's go beyond the bridge! Host girls allowed us to leave the boat anyway!"
Hannes: "That's one of the few good they've done so far!"
Pearl: "-Wait, how do you mean?"




Hannes: "Matching me with Meredith, randomly downgrading us to this boat, accidentally swap Euphelia and Jayda's places during the Challenge yesterday, having 4 people drop out in less than 3 days.. Things like that you know."
Pearl: ".. Oh, like that. I think they do their bests though."




Hannes: "Well, I believe Min Hee does. Though getting Odessa dragged in it as well..."
Pearl: "Hmm..."
Hannes: "Parenting's a tough job on it's own, and Odessa's not the easiest one."
Pearl: "Okay??"




Hannes: "She's only 17! She's a child, Pearl."
Pearl: "..."




Pearl: "... I'm only 3 years older than her, Hannes."
Hannes: "... But you're an adult."
Pearl: "... Odessa's too next Februari."
Hannes: "..."




Hannes: "I didn't realise that. I'm sorry."
Pearl: "It's okay. Most of us are young anyway."
Hannes: "Yeah.. Frankie and Jerry were the only ones who came somewhat close to my age. But they're gone now."
Pearl: "And Apollo and Diana, they're probably ancient."




Hannes: "I'm still not really buying their Greek god shtick. I don't believe there's anything out there."
Pearl: "Oh..."
Hannes: "... I'm old and barely fit in with the rest."
Pearl: "No, don't say that. You got Freya, me, Kiki..."




Hannes: "Freya at least looks young and fits in better..."
Pearl: "..."
Hannes: "I've tried to talk a bit with Euphelia yesterday. She was barely interested in me."
Pearl: "... I'm neither that close with her actually."




Hannes: "Oh?"
Pearl: "She's so very closed about herself."
Hannes: "It's just her, not me you say?"




Pearl: "Yeah, haven't really talked to her either. She mostly just sticks around Eugene."
Hannes: "... I suppose you have a point."
Pearl: "Maybe she needs to warm up more?"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Living Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Freya: "OMG!"




Freya: "We got a TV! And a gaming console!"
Min Hee: "Indeed, got it installed overnight!"
Freya: "Thank you!"
Min Hee: "You're welcome."




Freya: "What are you playing?"
Wendell: "Supercar Crashin' Racin' Spree V!"
Captain Dockhatt: "Lookout! Ghost rider!"
Wendell: "Whoa!"




Freya: "Mind if I join you?"
Wendell: "Hey, look out!"




Wendell: "You're blocking my view!"
Freya: "Oh- err sorry."
Wendell: "Shoo shoo!"




Meredith: "Oh god. Idiot geek convention."
Freya: "Oh. It's you."
Captain Dockhatt: "Oh.. Hello matey."
Meredith: "I ain't your matey."




Captain Dockhatt: "Good."
Meredith: "A race game, can you kill pedestrians?"
Wendell: "Nope."
Meredith: "BOO-ring!"




Wendell: "We knew that already about you."
Meredith: "Shut it, redneck."
Captain Dockhatt: "Ma'am."
Freya: "Can't you just go, Meredith? We're getting tired of your same shit all day."




Meredith: "Fuck it, I'm leaving. Because I want to, not because of you. You ain't even worth my shit!"




Meredith: "Ugh... ... ugh..."




Meredith: "... At least those ruins look nice."




Meredith: "Oh..."




Euphelia: "Oh.. hi.."




Meredith: "Goodbye sir."
Euphelia: "Oh, okay."




Euphelia: "..."




Meredith: "..... You know what?"




Meredith: "This place sucks ass. I'M BORED! Gimme my fucking elixers already!"




Euphelia: "Hmmm....."




Euphelia: "Hey, Meredith.."
Meredith: "What!?"
Euphelia: "I was wondering.."




Euphelia: "Would you like to draw something here?"
Meredith: ".. Why do you ask?"
Euphelia: ".. I think you might like to do something new and fun?"
Meredith: "Oh, you think so, huh?"




Meredith: "Imma strong woman who need no one to tell me what to do."
Euphelia: "I just want to help-"
Meredith: "And everyone always says Melinda's better at that shit, so no thank you."
Euphelia: "... Melinda?"




Meredith: "That bitch, yes."
Euphelia: "Art's all relative, though."
Meredith: "Pfft."




Meredith: "I'm out."
Euphelia: "... Just think about it."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Freya: "Honestly, if it wasn't for my patience and my constant good mood, I probably would have turned Meredith into a frog, but by my luck she would have been turned into a rabbit. Who does that girl think she is? I think there is nobody here who really likes her, and I think she enjoys that. She might be a combination of the grumpy elders and the bratty children from the Hendriksons next door. So far I have been calm and chill, but if she dares to harm Han, she'll get to know me. Bitch, you are not the only one with powers, and even though I'm not that experienced with doing it right, I am much more capable of than you can see.
But now to something else, wanna keep my mood up there. I actually tried to look for the boys a bit. I mean we have quite a few beef steaks here, if you get what I mean."

*Freya winks*

Freya: "But I have only really spoken to Eugene, Wendell and Ethan, and although I like all three of them, Wendell is too much of a follower towards Wendi, Eugene has other stuff to deal with, and Ethan is just not my type. Speaking of Ethan though, he told me something really tempting. We talked a bit and he told me about his plans to help Lucas getting a man and asked me if I could help. And honestly, I'm all pumped for that. I mean, I was the one who brought LGBT awareness in our town, I'm even hosting a lot of gay events although I'm as straight as a line. I haven't really seen a lot of signs if somebody else here is queer, but Ethan and I are eager to find somebody. I mean, its not really restricted to the contestants, right?"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bedroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Ethan: "So, you wanted to talk?"
Freya: "Yes, we should get Operation Lucas kicked off soon."
Ethan: "We've been in here for a few days already, so we better do so."




Freya: "Anyone else out here?"
Ethan: ".. Jayda's sleeping there. But if we tone ourselves down..."
Freya: "Luckily we have this corner to talk in, nobody will notice us in here."




Pearl: ".. What is that?"
Hannes: ".. At least Freya's on board - those are her wings clipping through the wall."
Pearl: "How does that work though?"
Hannes: "... Magic. Just magic."




Ethan: "So, any potential matches already?"
Freya: "Hannes is straight, Benjamin's gay but in a relationship already, Oliver's close with Iris and Melinda... which only leaves Eugene and Wendell if we stick to the Jetsetters."
Ethan: "Or Dockhatt, haha. .......... Or could he actually be?"




Freya: "I don't even know to be honest."
Ethan: ".. Let's keep the option open as an alternative."
Freya: "For now we have Eugene and Wendell."
Ethan: "Oh no, not Wendell please. He pushed me aside and ran by without even apologising."




Freya: "Really? How rude."
Ethan: "Couple of days ago, I believe not long before Apollo and Diana left."
Freya: "Okay. That leaves us with Eugene then."
Ethan: "Oh, shhht.. Someone's coming..."




Kiki: "Jayda, are you in-... Oh hi there."
Freya: ".. Hey there Kiki."
Kiki: "What are you talking about?"
Ethan: "... We're trying to set Lucas up with a man."




Kiki: ".. Is it a secret operation?"
Ethan: "... Lucas can't know the details."
Kiki: "Hmm, can I join?"
Ethan: "Okay. Don't tell Lucas though."




Kiki: "Clear."
Freya: "Here, let me make some room..."

*Freya shuffles towards Ethan*

Kiki: "Thank you."




Kiki: "Okay, planned anything so far?"
Freya: "We're thinking Eugene might be our best bet."
Kiki: "Eugene? He's certainly a good guy, he did his biggest best to keep Jerry and Frankie from attacking eachother."
Freya: "Like during that matching Challenge."




Ethan: "Yes that's right, he did. I vote we try Eugene."
Freya: "I agree."
Kiki: ".. Who are the other options?"
Ethan: ".. Wendell the Bondage Bitch."




Kiki: "Oh.."
Freya: "Wendell the what!?"
Ethan: "It's a long story. We need to make a plan."
Kiki: "I think I have an idea..."




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Living Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Wendell: "Hey you hit me!"
Odessa: "EAT METAL BITCH!"
Lucas: "Look out!"




Oliver: "You're tracking water inside, dillweed."
Benjie: "Relax, it'll evaporate eventually."
Oliver: "It'll also cause damage to the floor."




Benjie: "Well it's not like it's our floor. We're practically on vacation. Why not live it up a little?"
Oliver: "You're a grown man. You should be able to clean up after yourself, or not track water indoors at all."




Benjie: "Ugh, fine, mom. I'll get a mop."
Oliver: "That's a good boy. Anyway, I'm going to fetch something to eat."






Melinda: "Had a lively discussion?"




Oliver: "Yeah, Benjie went inside dripping wet."
Melinda: "Well that's no good."




Oliver: "Eh, what can you do? Sometimes I can't wrap my head around us sharing a womb at the same time. We're different in many ways. But it's cool. We've learned to live with each other."
Melinda: "I wish I could still say the same of Meredith."




Oliver: "Hmm, she wasn't always this bad?"
Melinda: "No she wasn't.. but after mum died she just.. derailed."
Oliver: "Wow.. I really wonder what's going on in that girl's mind?"
Melinda: "So do I, Oliver. So do I. "




Oliver: "..."
Melinda: "By the way, would you like a salad?"




Oliver: ".. Er, that sounds fine."
Melinda: "Excellent. You'll love it."
Oliver: "I'm looking forward."




Melinda: "I'll make enough for everyone."
Oliver: "That's so considerate. Means you got a lot of work to do."
Melinda: "Heeheehee."




Oliver: "I'll spread the word then."
Melinda: "That's great, thank you."




Melinda: ".. Awwwww...."

*Ding-ding-ding-ding!*

Melinda: "Whoa- me?"
Odessa: "Yes, you Melinda. Time to sing on the rythm of your knife cutting!"
Melinda: "Oh..."








Odessa: "Cut it on the beat girl!"
Melinda: "Err..."




*Melinda tries to find the rythm*










Melinda: "You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like heaven to touch
Oh, I wanna hold you so much"




Melinda: "At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off of you"




Melinda: "Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The thought of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak"




Melinda: "But if you feel like I feel
Well then let me know that it's real
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you"










Melinda: "I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm my lonely night
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say"




Melinda: "Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you"




Melinda: "You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like heaven to touch
Oh, I wanna hold you so much"




Melinda: "At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you"










Melinda: "I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm my lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say"




Melinda: "Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you"





















Melinda: "I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm my lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say"




Melinda: "Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
Oh pretty baby
Trust in me when I say"




Melinda: "I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm my lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say"




Melinda: "Food's ready!"




Wendell: "Aww, come on!"
Odessa: "I loooooove that musical twist."
Wendell: ".. I should get to sing. Even Wendi got to sing!"
Lucas: ".. I'm fine with just watching."
Odessa: "Noted."
Lucas & Wendell: "......."




Jayda: "Aww, our young lady's in love."
Eugene: "Showmances.. Good for her, but I'm not into that thing."
Jayda: "Oh really? Why not?"
Eugene: "Well, most showmances just feel so.. forced. Like, it's for show, that once they go out in the real world again they'll just break up at the first inconvenience. ... Are Janna and Jason still a thing even?"




Jayda: "Well they are, sugar. So showmances can work out well afterwards."
Eugene: ".. Oh? Funny, I found her to be too much of a free bird to him. I believe solid love is built on a good friendship though. And I think a reality show is just too short to build that all up."
Jayda: "... I met my BF Tomasz in real life."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Min Hee: "Jetsetters, it is time for the Ranking! One by one, I will call your names. When your name is called, you go and enter the Diary Room. There you will see a touch screen tv on the wall to your right, displaying portraits of all the original twins. In the middle of it all, you can find an empty Top-Three-List; please use the touch screen to drag your top three suspected twins to their corresponding spots in the list. If you're done, press the Enter button. Is it all clear? Got no questions?"

Everybody: "No questions!"

Min Hee: "Great, lets go! Iris and Oliver, you are first!"




*Iris and Oliver put in their Ranking*




*Hannes and Meredith put in their Ranking*




*Freya and Jayda put in their Ranking*




*Benjamin and Melinda put in their Ranking*




*Eugene and Wendell put in their Ranking*




*Pearl and Wendi put in their Ranking*




*Ethan and Kiki put in their Ranking*




*Euphelia and Lucas put in their Ranking*



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rooftop Playground
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Jayda: "We need no Belcastro boys to make us some lasagna."
Iris: "Yeah, thanks Jayda."
Jayda: "You're welcome."




Wendi: "Shame they're gone though - though his food might not be the best at least Frankie was a reliable ally."
Iris: "-- Wait, were you."
Wendi: "Indeed. But now I have to find someone new for a partner."




Jayda: "Don't you have a match for that though?"
Iris: "Indeed, you're with Pearly."
Wendi: "Yes I am. But I have no clue on why we were put together in the first place?"




Iris: "How do you mean?"
Wendi: "She's.. easily distracted, isn't she?"
Iris: "That's true..."
Wendi: "And I need my alliance partners to have serious focus."




Wendi: "So here's my proposal: we should form a new alliance together."
Iris: "Okay."
Wendi: "My intuition tells me that you're the more intelligent twin, Iris?"
Iris: "Weeeell..."




Jayda: "Wendi, can we trust you?"
Wendi: "Can I trust you?"
Jayda: "I called first."
Wendi: ".. Can you trust anyone?"




Iris: "I guess that we could keep eachother up to date on what's actually happening?"
Wendi: "That'd be a solid start."
Jayda: "Hmm, okay."




Wendi: "So, shall we exchange our thoughts?"
Iris: "... I don't know.."
Wendi: "Hm?"




Iris: "It's just.. this is all going so fast."
Wendi: "How do you mean, you just literally said yourself that we should keep eachother up to date."
Iris: "... I just need to process all this for a moment, okay?"




Jayda: "Kay, fine. Let's enjoy this stuff while it's still hot."
Iris: "Yes."
Jayda: "... Why are we eating lasagna with chopsticks by the way?"




Iris: "... I ate my cereal with a spoon this morning."
Wendi: "Ack!"
Jayda: "You okay girl?"
Wendi: ".. I believe I bit a part of my stick off..."




Iris: "... Ouch... Need help?"
Wendi: "... I'll be fine..."




*Let's face it - this shot just looks phenominal*



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outdoor Seating Area
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Lucas: "I'm really glad we're safe through the coming few days. At least one thing not to worry about."
Eugene: "Me too."
Wendell: "How about we try and get to know eachother a little better?"




Euphelia: "No thank you."
Wendell: "Why not, Euphelia?"
Euphelia: "... The game goes on 24/7. We should be talking about what's next."
Eugene: "She's got a point."




Euphelia: "Thank you, Gene. ... I think I'll snoop around Meredith next."
Wendell: "What?!"
Eugene: "Meredith?!"
Euphelia: "Yes. I think I have a clue on how she ticks."




Lucas: "Oh?"
Euphelia: "You guys could do some networking as well."
Wendell: ".. I guess so, Wendi's a loner, I got all the social skills."
Euphelia: "......"




Lucas: "I guess I could talk to Ethan, maybe Melinda and see if I can get some tidbits from him."
Eugene: "Good call. I could talk to Jayda and Freya."
Euphelia: "And if we throw that all together.. and hope nobody overheard us."
Ethan: ".........."




Wendell: "Now that's settled, let's go back to socialising."
Euphelia: "Err-"
Wendell: "Lucas, are you more a day or a night person?"
Lucas: ".. Day I guess? Haven't really thought about it to be honest..."




Wendell: "I'm a night owl myself. Feel much more comfortable when it's dark."
Eugene: "If you put it like that then I'm certainly a day person, when it's warmer and cozier."
Euphelia: "... Night person."
Wendell: "Okay, next topic: how about.. favourite food?"




Lucas: "Snacks. Gimme a simple pizza, hot dog or hamburger over anything more fancy."
Eugene: "Oh.. I'm into fancier food more."
Euphelia: "Sorry Gene, but I'm the bigger foodie out of the two of us. French toast, anyone?"
Lucas: "..."




Wendell: "Nobody into salmon grillé?"
Eugene: "Hmm, grilled salmon's fine."
Lucas: "Had it once, was quite good."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
End of Episode 4
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment