27 April 2019

Episode 9 - Moving On




Previously on







*
*
*
*
*



The first real Elimination by the Assassin has had it's impact on the group. The cards were reshuffled and new friendships and enmities were forged.

Oliver: "You wanna know what I'm thinking?!"
Hannes: "What's wrong with you?"
Oliver: "All I've seen of you the last few of days is just whining and complaining about this game! All you say is 'Meredith's picking on me, I wanna go home' or 'I'm too old to get along with the young people, I'm so lonely'!"
Hannes: "That is NOT true, sir!"




Euphelia: "You can show the world that you are the better twin."
Meredith: "Like: I am Meredith, hear me SMASH!"

*Meredith drums on the ice cream package with her spoon*

Euphelia: "Yeah! I think you have a lot of potential in yourself."
Meredith: "Woo! I wanna teach those bastards a lesson!"




A Challenge involving both Mahjong and Puzzling brought in a good pile of needed Simoleons in, plus Immunity for both Iris and Oliver, and new partners for Meredith & Freya, and Jayda & Hannes.

Min Hee: "Money tiles. If a duo matches 2 tiles of the same amount of Simoleons, they add that amount to the Jetsetter's winnings. Blue numbers indicate a low amount, green numbers represent a medium amount and red numbers stand for a high amount of Simoleons. Every amount has 4 tiles total.
Clue tiles. If a duo matches 2 Clue tiles, they earn a private Clue for after the Challenge. There are 8 Clue tiles in total, which means a maximum of 4 duos can earn a Clue. A duo can only earn 1 Clue, even if they match multiple sets.
Switch tiles. If a duo matches 2 Switch tiles, the members of the duo will change partners after the Challenge is over. Players who do not grab these tiles will stay with their partners, the change will occur only among all duos who match a Switch tile set."




Iris: "We got it!"
Oliver: "Yes!"




Those new developments caused some strive among the Jetsetters, with some of them receiving their first Strikes for the season.

Freya: "Ohmygawsh ohmygawsh you K.O.'ed her with a single hit yaaaas!"
Hannes: "She had it coming for a looong time."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Hannes Valquist! Report to the Diary Room at once!"
Hannes: "... Oh crap."




Kiki: ".. Sorry Min Hee. We were indeed listening on you."
Jayda: "Hey, what-"
Ethan: "... Crap."
Min Hee: "I am sorry, but this behaviour is a violation of the fairness protocol, you know. That means that, like Olive last season, I have to give the three of you a Strike* each."
Odessa: "That brings the total of naughty Jetsetters up to 4."




Meanwhile, the longly awaited climax of Operation Lucas has happened. And unfortunately for the shippers on board, it was not meant to be...

                              Eugene: "..."

Lucas: "..."                               
Freya: 
"But the planets all aligned
When you looked into my eyes
And just like that
The chemicals react
The chemicals react"




Eugene: "Lucas, you're an interesting fella to hang out with but I just don't want to get into relationship with anyone just yet, this is mad, we've just met."
Lucas: "Oh.. It's not really your fault that they're toying with us."
Eugene: "So you're not offended?"
Lucas: "I can't blame you. I'm a little flabbergasted at them though."




Jayda: "Told ya."
Freya: "Where did we go wrong?"
Jayda: "You tried the wrong person, Eugene's simply not interested."
Ethan: "I wanted Lucas to have a shot at love though..."





In the end, it was time for Pearl and Wendi to be Eliminated and leave Jetset for good, again raising the tension on board.

Iris: "I- I just-.. I can't-"
Pearl: "Heeere... breath calmly Rissy..."
Iris: "... I just-... I just got out of my crisis-..."
Wendi: "Ugh, crybabies..."




Pearl: "Well... we're constantly bickering and we brought in so little money throughout the game. Why would the Assassin kick out players like that? I don't get it..."
Wendi: "Pfft!
Odessa: "It would seem like an odd choice indeed."
Wendi: "It's obvious why us: Pearl is simply the most transparant idiot I've encountered in my life. It was so obvious that she'd never be picked to be the Assassin, so therefore she had to leave. And now I'm dragged down with her! I demand a recount!"




Odessa: "The 7th and 8 person to leave Jetset this season: Pearl Edgeworth and Wendi Ferris!"


With two more numbers dwindling down, the group is now at the original size of last season's cast. Yet in comparison to that group there's a lot more tension and intrigue going on. With half of the remaining cast being directly involved in the recent climax of Operation Lucas, it's certain to leave it's mark on the remainder of the season? And what is exactly true of the rumour that the Jetsetter is going to be boarded again soon?

*
*
*

20 PLAYERS, 10 TWINS, 1 CRUISE
THIS IS





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Living Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


*Iris sighs as she plays a little with her cereal*




Oliver: "Hey.. I feel sorry that Pearl got Eliminated."
Iris: "Oh.. Yeah... And we planned on staying in this together for as long as possible..."
Oliver: "Yeah, losing your twin isn't easy, is it?"





Iris: "She's gone. She's just... gone. We were supposed to get through this together. But we can't. Because she's been Eliminated. Poof. Gone. Dead for the next two weeks."

*Iris has a very, very long silence*

Iris: "...What if someone died for real? Just keeled over in the middle of a Challenge or something? Would I be stuck giving some rando I only met a few days ago their last rites?"

*Iris laughs*

Iris: "My only qualifications are 'my cousin-in-law-once-removed's murdered grandpa was High Shepherd of San Davíd'! How crazy is that? I'm only a normal girl, but someone I love 'dies' and suddenly I turn into a knockoff Shepherdess!
...I wish the real one was here. I miss Charlie.
"

*More silence occurs as Iris wrestles with her thoughts*

Iris: "There's gotta be a candle or five around here. For power cuts, if not romantic mood lighting. I could stare into a candle, feel the carpet under my knees, pretend there's a hand on my head, let it all out knowing no-one else can hear me... that'd be nice."

*Even more silence. Iris glares*

Iris: "Or I could do what the Watcher damn well sent me to do."

*Iris giggles

Iris: "Would you look at that. I used the word. The D-word. Now that's weird. Bet you weren't expecting that, were you? But you know what? Who am I to question the Watcher's judgement? If they want me to have fun, that's what I'll do. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a boy to talk to and a Challenge to prepare for."

*Iris hesitates*

Iris: "I kinda wish his mer-idiot brother was still here. He was much cuter."




*Oliver joins Iris at the table and start eating yoghurt*

Iris: "... No it isn't."
Oliver: "I still feel the same since Benjie left. We're still here though, we gotta stay strong for them."
Iris: "Hmm..."




*Iris livens up a little*

Iris: "That's pretty much what the Watcher told me to."
Oliver: "The Watcher? .. He, eh, finally bothered to reply you?"
Iris: "Well, kinda? It's a weird story..."




Oliver: "I gotta admit that I'm not into that Watcher thing, but.. how and what?"
Iris: "... I doubt you'd believe me. But he did tell me that I should play to win."
Oliver: "That's the spirit."
Iris: "I just have to keep reminding myself."




Oliver: "Same here. We remind eachother. "
Iris: "Yeah. Wait.."
Oliver: "What?"
Iris: "Why does Wendell look so happy?"




Hannes: "Why look, I think those figurines would look really nice in this nature."
Wendell: "HEY guys!"
Jayda: "Oh, morning Wendell. What's with the happy face?"
Wendell: "It's such a lovely day isn't it?"




Odessa: "Shouldn't you be missing a certain sister?"
Wendell: "Do you miss Wendi then?"
Jayda: "Not really."




Wendell: "Thought so."




Homeshopping person: "當您將它們放在前門旁邊時まねきねこ也能帶來好運和財富."
Odessa: "The kitty looks nice.. If I only could understand what they are saying."
Hannes: "Yeah, makes me regret not following a crash course Chinese when I visited the Olympics back in 2008."




Wendell: "Let's try something else."




Singer: "I guess it didn't work. So we must try some- thing- eeEEeeeeEEEeeEEeeeeeelse!!!"




Oliver: "What the fudge is that noise?!"
Wendell: "... Maybe not."
Hannes: "Be careful what you wish for Wendell. Bahahah!"

*Wendell zaps back to the shopping channel*




Wendell: "Anyways - Wendi. I feel relieved that she's not in here anymore."
Jayda: "Can't deny that that goes for most of us."
Wendell: "Yeah, but then again she goes out of her way to keep me on a short leash all the time and constantly bosses me around. So good riddance, it's time for the real me to come out and play."




Odessa: "We better not tell you that that all just aired and she might be watching live?"
Wendell: "Oh crap! You can edit this right?"
Odessa: "We can. But will we?"
Jayda: "Oh dear, someone's gonna be furious soon..."




Wendell: "... Well. Screw it. I've always been living in the moment, plotting future world domination isn't really my thing."
Jayda: "Can I get an amen, brothah!"
Odessa: "Aaa-amen!"
Hannes: "Hallelujah."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Freya: "Well...I don't think Hannes handled the situation really well. Sure, Meredith had it coming and my reaction might have been positive, but that was more because of the shock value. I know he only tried to help, but punching a girl? Even he knows better than that. And now everybody is mad at him, and the only one who wasn't entirely just got the boot. 
I feel bad for Iris, she really took it hard, while Wendell must be really happy that his boss... I mean his sister is gone. I wish I could say the same about a certain group partner. This goes to show that I never think my moves through, because now I am stuck with Miss Grumpypants. And the worst part: It even starts to rub off on me. It is just so frustrating to reason with her. Next to that Oliver sees Hannes as Enemy No.1 and my plans on Operation Lucas are totally ruined. I might have to talk to Oliver, I feel like he misunderstands Hannes' demeanor at the moment. 
Ugh, wanting to have peace on this boat is probably the hardest challenge I had to face yet."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rooftop Playground
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Euphelia: "We need to have a word after what happened yesterday."
Eugene: "Have you been trying to set me up in a relationship with Lucas?"
Lucas: "I'm a little... flabbergasted by some of you."




Ethan and Freya: "..."
Kiki: "... Yes. There was a plan to get you together, I was involved in the plan and I should take responsibility for my part now. Please don't hate us. Please..."
Eugene: ".. We would absolutely not hate you for it, from what I've heard you simply thought it was the best for us."




Lucas: "Yeah, it's really nice that you want to make us happy, but... this wasn't the way."
Euphelia: "Eugene isn't even looking for a relationship now, and I've hinted that a couple of times."
Lucas: "I'm already happy with being accepted for who I am, instead of being hated on."
Freya: "Awww, remind me to lemme give you a hug today."




Lucas: "Thank you."
Freya: "And if you'd still like Mama Freya to help you find a match, just give me a call. I do have experience hosting our local annual LGBT events."
Lucas: "Ehh, thanks for the offer, I'll think about it..."




Freya: "You should use the money you'll win to move to Sweden! It's one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world!"
Lucas: "That sounds really tempting if you put it like that..."
Ethan: "Then you should do it! I'll ask Gracie if she want to go there as well, we could all move to Sweden."




Kiki: "By the sound of it talking things out was a good idea, Phia."
Euphelia: "It's Euphelia. And I'm glad we got the fake romantic expectations out of the way."

*Ding-ding-ding-ding!*

Eugene: "Whoa?!"
Min Hee (through the intercom): "I think this is an appropriate moment to get the six of you out in the hills over there and sing about what you learned the past days. Kiki, you'll bring the guitar."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shang Simla Hills
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Euphelia:
Why does everything have to be a love thing
Think of all the sorrow that love brings
Is it where you really wanna go
No, I really don't think so





Ethan:
I really don't think so
Lucas: 
Hm-hmmm




Lucas:
You know that I don't back
you doing what you want without you
letting me know that you do
(with Freya) so I can do it too



Lucas:
We've been so together,
and if there were ever
reason to change it,
I'm sure we could arrange it, baby



Eugene:
Something's wrong, 
(with Freya) if you really think that
you're the one to get away with it
(with Freya) I know what you're thinkin',
it's starting to sink in, why




Lucas & Euphelia:
Why does everything have to be a love thing?
Think of all the sorrow that love brings
Is it where you really wanna go
No, I really don't think so




Lucas & Euphelia:
Why does everything gotta be a love thing?
Why can't we dig each other and just hang?
Is it where you really wanna go?
No, I really don't think so-oooh




Eugene & Kiki:
No no




Ethan:
I'm not one to go on
your preconceptions of
correct behaviour
(with Freya) It's really not my flavour, baby




Eugene:
Something's wrong, 
(With Freya) if you really think that
you're the one to get away with it
(With Freya) I know what you're thinkin',
it's starting to sink in, whyyy




Lucas & Euphelia:
Why does everything have to be a love thing?
Think of all the sorrow that love brings
Is it where you really wanna go?
No, I really don't think so




Lucas & Euphelia: 
Why does everything gotta be a love thing?
Why can't we dig each other and just hang?
Freya: Ah-aah-ahhh
Is it where you really wanna go?
No, I really don't think so




Eugene & Euphelia:
No
I don't need a ring on my finger
I kinda like bein' single
Commitment don't fit me,
it bit me one time
and I still don't know




Euphelia:
Why does everything have to be a love thing?
Think of all the sorrow that love brings
Is it where you really wanna go
No, I really don't think so




Freya:
No no no-ooh
Yeah-heh-he-heah




Freya: Why-yyyyyy-eeeheeeee
Lucas:
Why does everything have to be a love thing?
Think of all the sorrow that love brings.
Eugene: Hooh-hoooooh
Is it where you really wanna go?
Euphelia: No no no, oooh
Eugene: No, I really don't think so.




Lucas:
Why does everything gotta be a love thing?
Why can't we dig each other and just hang?
Eugene: Yeah-heah
Is it where you really wanna go? No
Euphelia:
I really don't, I really don't
Eugene: Oh-ooooh




Freya:
I really don't think sooo-o-ooh.




Eugene & Kiki
I really don't think so




Kiki:
No no, no no
Ethan:
Oh no no no



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kitchen
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


*A scary noise plays when the oven starts smoking too much*




Meredith: "Oh crap."




Meredith: "Oh crap oh cuntfuckin' crap!"




*Freya returns from the musical song*

Freya: "What is that smell?... And that noise?!"




Freya: "... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, FIRE!"
Meredith: "No shit, Sherlock!"




Freya: "What the hell have you done?!"
Meredith: "I can deal with this shit! Glacius!"




*Meredith fires an ice ball at the fire. The fire gets extinguished*




Freya: "Was this another one of your baby cries for attention?"
Meredith: "Ugh!"




Meredith: "JELLYLEGS JINX!"




Freya: "RESILIO!"




*Meredith's jinx rebounds to herself. She is knocked back by the impact*




Meredith: "Ah, I can't move my legs, they feel like jelly!"




Freya: "Time for you to look happy for once. RISIO!"




*Meredith quickly grabs her wand*

Meredith: "PROTEGO!"




*Freya's magic blows in her own face instead*





Freya: "Hey, don't do thaahahahahahHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!"




*Freya laughs too uncontrollably to hold her balance and falls down*

Meredith: "Pfft. Karma. Now how do I counter this crap again?"
Freya: "HAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!"





Min Hee: "What's going on here!?"
Meredith: "Oh no, not you again."
Freya: "HAHA-MEREDITH-HAHA-TRIED-HAHA-TO-HAHA-JINX-HAHA-ME-HAHAHAA!"




Min Hee: "Right, that's just pure gibberish."
Meredith: "This is what happens when magic goes to fucking shit, you moronic muggle."
Min Hee: "Great, thank you. How do we fix this?"
Freya: "HAAHA-JUST-HAH-WAIT-HAHA-THIS-HAHAA-OUT-HAHAAHA!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shang Simla High School
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Odessa: "They did WHAT!?... Idiots. Well, if they're still stuck like that, I guess they'll have to sit out on this one. Okay, see you back soon. Bye."




Odessa: "So... Jetsetters. Because of reasons Freya and Meredith will not be playing this Challenge today. Doesn't really matter, this one also works out with 5 duos instead of six."




Odessa: "The premise of this Challenge is simple: You'll split in the duos you're in currently, and run around and find rooms holding questions, while avoiding empty rooms. If you manage to get a correct answer the duo will carry 10.000 Simoleons as they continue their way. If a question is answered incorrectly, one duo member has to stay behind. Get two incorrect answers and you'll both be stuck inside..."




Odessa: "... the High School Min Hee attended in her teens. Once the school bell rings, you'll all head inside to search for the high school subject questions. After 15 minutes another school bell will ring, and all the duos that are still in the school by then will lose the money they're carrying."







Odessa: "So, in short: go in, answer the questions correctly, come back before time runs out. Got any questions?"

*The Jetsetters stay silent*

Odessa: "Time for your re-examination. Good luck and lots of wisdom!"




*A school bell rings in the background*

Odessa: "You may start now."




Jayda: "We should split!"
Iris: "Good plan! We stay on this floor?"
Hannes: "That's fine! We'll go to the first floor."
Ethan: "We'll go second floor, Kiki?"




Oliver: "No, it's empty!"
Iris: "We'll have to find another room then."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Detention Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Eugene: "I wonder what this is."
Wendell: "... Alarm clocks? Maths maybe?"
Eugene: "Probably."
Wendell: "Oh no, wait."




Wendell: "We're stuck in detention..."
Eugene: "Wait 5 minutes or leave one of us behind..."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "So, will one of you stay behind?"
Wendell: "Whoa, Min Hee?!"






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Detention Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Wendell: "You know what, I stay behind, you go on."
Eugene: "Okay, you sure?"
Wendell: "Yeah, I wasn't the most studious in high school."
Eugene: "That makes sense..."




Min Hee (through the intercom): "I'll lock in Eugene leaving and Wendell staying behind for detention."
Eugene: "I'll see you later then, mate."
Wendell: "Good luck cashing in the big bucks!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
History Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Jayda: "What do we have here? Napoleon?"
Hannes: "And old artifacts..."




Hannes: "Aha, this must be about the French Revolution."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Welcome to History Class, Hannes and Jayda."
Jayda: "Whoa!"
Hannes: "This shouldn't be too hard for good old me."




Jayda: "I know so little about the French revolution though..."
Hannes: "Don't worry, I'm positive that dethroned King Louis XVI was first, his wife Marie Antoinette died a couple of months after that and Robespierre was executed last. Which leaves Olympe and Élisabeth..."
Jayda: "50/50, if you're right."
Hannes: "... Lets keep Olympe third and Élisabeth fourth."




Min Hee (through the intercom): "Believe it or not... but you're correct."
Jayda: "Boo-yeah, nice job!"
Hannes: "Thanks."
Jayda: "Next room now."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Gym
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Oliver: "What's in here..."
Iris: "Wait... this is PE. Great..."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Iris, Oliver. This task is simple: one of you has to run across the gym between the cones in 5 seconds."
Iris & Oliver: "What?!"




Iris: "Where's Pearly when you need her?"
Oliver: "... Maybe we can wait for Hannes or Kiki to do this?"
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Nope. You have entered this classroom first, therefore one of you must do it, or you must forfeit and one of you has to stay behind."




Oliver: "... I'll try it. My legs are taller than yours."
Iris: "Oh... good luck."




Oliver: "Calm down Ollie... but if I don't make it now then I'll be too exhausted to make it... we're toast..."
Min Hee: "GO!"

*Oliver sprints off*




Oliver (in slowmotion): "Wwwwaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhhh!"
Iris (in slowmotion): "Gooooooo Ooooolllliiiivvvveeeerrrr!"





Oliver (in slowmotion): "Yyyaaaaarrrrggghhh!"







*Oliver gasps and wheezes*

Min Hee (through the intercom): "Great job! You beat the time needed!"
Iris: "Woohoo!"




Iris: "We gotta run to our next classroom!"
Oliver: "Pff- are you- pfff- kidding me?!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Physics Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Eugene: "Wonder what we have here..."




Eugene: "... What? Ohm's Law..."




Eugene: "Oh fuck. Come on, what was it again... I learnt it when I was 14..."




Eugene: "... Sorry, I have to forfeit this one."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Are you sure, Eugene?"
Eugene: "Yeah, I'd need to resort to Google for this."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Alas. The correct answer was: I equals V divided by R."
Eugene: "Ugh, now you're saying it I remember again..."




Oliver: "Pfft, still empty."
Iris: "Maybe we can leave through that door."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Chemistry Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Euphelia: "I suppose this must be Chemistry..."
Lucas: "I guess so. The question..."




Euphelia: "The whiteboard is empty."
Lucas: "That's odd, maybe somewhere else here?"




Euphelia: "Hmm, aha! Gotcha!"
Lucas: "What does it say?"
Euphelia: "What will happen to the water level of this water bottle filled with ice cubes when the ice melts.. Easy, it stays the same."
Lucas: "Oh?"




Min Hee (through the intercom): "That is... incorrect. Water has the highest density at 0 degrees of Celcius."
Euphelia: "... What?"
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Who'll stay behind?"
Lucas: "... You go on, Euphelia?"




Euphelia: "I guess I will. I'm sure it stays the same though, remind me to find some textbooks."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "There are some at the market."
Euphelia: "... Thank you Min Hee."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Art History Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Iris: "Well, this one's easy."




Iris: "This is an Ionic Column."
Oliver: "Wait, I'm not even in yet."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Correct! You can go to your next classroom."




Oliver: "We're on a streak!"
Iris: "Go us."




Ethan: "This one's empty."
Kiki: "Shoot. Lets try the next one."




Hannes: "It's dark."
Jayda: "Guess this is a fake one, let's go elsewhere."






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
English Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Kiki: ".. Yes, here's something!"
Ethan: "Woo, what subject?"




Kiki: "English... You're good at English?"
Ethan: "Nah, that's more Lucas' forte. I was the cool kid at high school."
Kiki: "If I only could summon Salma here..."
Ethan: "Alas, she was last season. Whenever, But or Afterwards..."




Kiki: "Jeez, I have no clue. I guess Whenever?"
Ethan: "Wait a sec..."




Ethan: "We could try and see if one of the books holds an answer!"




Kiki: "We only have 5 minutes though - you want to search all the books in 5 minutes?"
Ethan: "It's our best shot."




Kiki: "... We could try for a while..."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Math Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Hannes: "Well well well."
Jayda: "Laptops. This is a digi-class?"




Hannes: "No, this is maths."
Jayda: "Oh, over there."
Hannes: "What is the greatest number of possible points of intersection of four circles of different radii?"




Jayda: "That doesn't sound too hard."
Hannes: "I got this. I got the math."




Euphelia: "Hmm, nothing in here."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
200-Second Overview
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *







* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Biology Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Euphelia: "What do we have here..."




Euphelia: "Okay? This looks creepy..."
Plastic Skeleton: "Hello Euphelia!"
Euphelia: "Whoa?!"




Skeleton: "My name is Mr Bonepick. Welcome to your Biology question."
Euphelia: "This is definitely creepy..."
Mr Bonepick: "Which one out of these four is the most intelligent mammal species? Is it... A) Whales, B) Dolphins, C) Elephants or D) Kangaroos?"




Euphelia: "Lemme think... My instincts tell me that it's B, Dolphins?"
Mr Bonepick: "Correct!"
Euphelia: "Good."




Mr Bonepick: "Time for a snack!"
Euphelia: "That's definitely my cue to get the hell outta here. A talking fake skeleton, what did they smoke up?"






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Economics Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Iris: "What's here?"
Oliver: "The Lorenz Curve!"




Oliver: "Itmeasurestheamountofinequalityinwagedistributiongivenacertainpopulationwherethepopulationissplitintodecilesorpercentilesandthetotalwagesearnedbyeachdecileorpercentileisplottedonthegraph."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "... That's correct. I think."
Iris: "You're good at this."




Oliver: "Time for the next one."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Literature Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Euphelia: "What do we have here?..."




Euphelia: "What is the title of the book in which the main character is married to a 'Mr ___'?... Wait, Mr ___!?..."




Euphelia: "I dunno..."




Euphelia: "Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre I guess?"
Min Hee (through the intercom): "That is... incorrect. The correct answer is The Colour Purple by Alice Walker."
Euphelia: "Oh fuckit."




Min Hee (through the intercom): "You have to stay behind in here now. The 10.000 you have gathered from answering the Biology is lost as well now."
Euphelia: "Oh shit. Guess I'm stuck here. Might as well read something."




Iris: "What is it with all these empty classrooms we're encountering?"
Oliver: "It's the fifth one today already."



 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Schoolyard
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Odessa: "Well lookie here."
Hannes: "Did we make it?"
Odessa: "You're at 4 minutes and 18 seconds."
Jayda: "... Oh, we're way too early."




Odessa: "You were quite quick at answering questions though. Good job. You brought in 20.000 to the Jetsetters' stockpile."
Hannes: "Nice."
Jayda: "Excellent.. Now what?"
Odessa: ".. Wait for the others."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Geography Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Iris: "What do we have here?"
Oliver: "I don't know, you walked in first."




Iris: "Odessa? Host Odessa?"
Oliver: "Help... This must be Geography then?"
Min Hee (through the intercom): "There's a place in the world named Odessa."




Iris: "Thank goodness we have a globe. Where do we start?"
Oliver: "... Where would the name Odessa logically come from?"
Iris: "I think we can count out Asia or Africa."




Oliver: "I think so... Except for Egypt maybe. And Russia."
Iris: "What kind of ring does 'Odessa' have to it?"
Oliver: ".. Greek maybe? It sounds similar to Odessey?"




Iris: "Makes sense to me, we go for Greece."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Greece is in fact... incorrect! If you paid close attention to the map of the 80-Countries Challenge, you might have found Odessa in Ukraine."
Oliver: ".. Oh..."
Iris: "That was our streak for so far."




Oliver: "You know what, we're carrying 30.000, if we get one more incorrect we'll lose all that. If you stay here then I'll leave the school and turn our money in."
Iris: "Oh okay, that sounds like a plan. Go!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Schoolyard
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Oliver: "I'm here, how much time did we take?"
Odessa: "You just past the 6-minute mark a couple of seconds ago."
Oliver: "Wow, we've been really fast then."




Odessa: "Yup... I gotta say we underestimated how quick you'd be answering the questions. For real."
Oliver: "Hmm, that's interesting to hear."
Odessa: "All we're waiting on is Kiki and Ethan."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
400-Second Overview
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
English Classroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Kiki: "We have less than a minute to answer. We have to hurry."
Ethan: "I haven't found anything though."
Kiki: "If we don't answer at all we lose anyway, we better just guess something. It's a 1-in-3 shot."




Ethan: "... I guess you're right. Our options were?"
Kiki: "But, Afterwards or Whenever. I'd guess Whenever."
Ethan: "Let's lock that in then."




Min Hee (through the intercom): "Whenever is in fact... incorrect. The correct answer was But."
Kiki: "Shoot."
Ethan: "You move on?"




Kiki: "Sounds fine to me."
Ethan: "Kick ass, Kik!"
Kiki: "I will!"




Kiki: "It's empty."
Min Hee (through the intercom): "Kiki, you might as well leave the school. All questions are gone."
Kiki: "... What?!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Schoolyard
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Jayda: "I wonder what's taking them so long?"
Hannes: "They still have over 5 minutes if I'm right..."
Oliver: "Yeah, but if you do the maths on the amount of questions it's kinda odd they're not in here yet."




Hannes: "From this Challenge onward maths is my thing. You did 4 questions, Jay and I did 2. 6 for those two to dabble on."
Oliver: "You're forgetting the other two duos. Since Odessa said only Kiki and Ethan are left Euphelia & Lucas and Eugene & Wendell also had to make at least 2 wrongs each. Which leaves only 2 questions for them."




Jayda: "Lookie there!"
Kiki: "How much time do I have left?"
Odessa: "You just passed the 10 minute mark."




Kiki: "Ah, good. Ethan and I lost some time on reading books for English."
Hannes: "Hmm, did you get any help from there?"
Kiki: "No, we guessed and we got it wrong. Then Min Hee called that all questions were taken."
Odessa: "I guess it's time to rally the failing students you left behind and round this Challenge up."



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*




Odessa: "Jetsetters. 10 of you attended the re-examination. Only 4 of you came out with passing grades. Besides how worrisome that should be for your high school teachers we got numbers to crunch. You left §70.000 in there due to failing school subjects. Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Geography and English are let's say not your things."




Odessa: "You did manage to bring in §50.000 though. Your correct answers for History, PE, Maths, Art History and Economics took care of that. Which is not bad. The Assassin did earn a little more, but you've done worse in the past. If you work together you can bring in the dough."




Odessa: "When we get back to the boat I'd recommend you to gather any belongings lying around the town. Tonight we will return to the Jetsetter and depart to a second destination for the second half of the season."

*The Jetsetters are surprised by the news*



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outdoor Seating Area
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Meredith: "I can't believe I forgot that the counter curse was Unjellify."
Euphelia: "Sometimes you forget things..."
Meredith: "I once went to the fucking park on April Fools and blasted the Jellylegs Jinx at every idiot walking by. How could I forget after doing that?"




Euphelia: "Sometimes you forget things..."
Meredith: ".. Are you even listening to what I'm saying?!"
Euphelia: "Oh, ehm.. Something about April Fools and the Jellylegs Jinx."
Meredith: "C. You get a C."




Euphelia: "Yeah, sorry. Ehm, I bought some books at the market after the Challenge..."
Meredith: "..."
Euphelia: "There's some stuff I need to figure out after the Challenge..."




Meredith: "... Can I have some of our intel on the Challenge?"
Euphelia: "Yup - most importantly, we'll leave for the Jetsetter tonight."
Meredith: "Wait, what?!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Meredith: "... Finally... I've been dying to brew some elixers for so. Fucking. Long. Some of those cunts definitely deserve some of the shit I can throw at them. MwuhahahahahHAHAHAHAH!!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shang Simla Hills
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


*Hannes and Kiki huff as they jog through the hills*

Kiki: "Shame that we have to miss on this now..."
Hannes: "Yeah. Shang Simla's so beautiful, and now we're leaving already."




Kiki: "I think I'll miss the architecture and the culture the most. I've heard some people tried eating using chopsticks."
Hannes: "Haha, Jayda was one of them."
Kiki: "Indeed. Lasagna, who'd make that up?"
Hannes: "I'll miss the entire ambience. It's all so serene and frail here."




Kiki: "I'd certainly try and visit this place again sometime. Though I'm also looking forward to what'll come up next. They might outdo themselves."
Hannes: "Who knows... If there's one thing the hosts are good at it's finding lovely locations."
Kiki: "I can only say amen to that."
Hannes: "I wonder if we can guess where we'll be going next."




Kiki: "If we only knew how long we'll be on the seas. Now we could go literally anywhere."
Hannes: "You have a point there."
Kiki: "Maybe we could be going back to the Netherlands."
Hannes: "That'd be a solid idea. My gut feeling would say Africa maybe?"




Kiki: "Shang Simla's been so beautiful. It's still kind of a shame we can't stay here all season, I mean, that happened last season as well. Apologies to Ethan and Lucas, but Appaloosa Plains is simply not as pretty as Shang Simla. Not that I'm not looking forward to what's next, I hope it's a place with good ambience as well."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Bedroom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Jayda: "Well, now that she's gone our trio's down to two."
Iris: "Yes... So, now what?"




Jayda: "Wendi's exit doesn't mean we have to stop exchanging stuff."
Iris: "That's true... to be really honest she was my main reluctance to join this alliance.. you know..."
Jayda: "Yup. Gal certainly was a meanie."
Iris: "It sucks Pearl went down with her. I should ask the Watcher whether we can trade her back in exchange for Meredith?"




Jayda: "That wouldn't be so bad, haha. Speaking of trading.. Should we trade someone back in this alliance in exchange for Wendi leaving?"
Iris: "Oh... Who are you thinking of?"
Jayda: "Eugene! He's cool, and he's one of the guys I trust the most."
Iris: "Hmm... wasn't there a lot of drama between him and Kiki though?"




Jayda: "Hmm, rumours go fast on the Jetsetter. Even though some of them are not true. But how do I know when to debunk them or not? Letting the right rumours live might buy a player a ticket to the finale. The wrong rumours might send someone home. It's all perception and keeping up appearances..."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rooftop Playground
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Wendell: "Well... Tonight's the night we'll unboard this tiny little boat."




Lucas: "Yeah, and I can't say I'm too sad. Jayda snores like a lawnmower, and we're even sleeping on opposite sides of the room. Can't imagine how it'd be sleeping next to her."
Wendell: "I'm sleeping at her side and... 0/10, not recommended. Poor Kiki, she's gotta room with her still."
Lucas: "Nah, I don't envy her. . . Though.. There are twelve player bedrooms right? And we're with twelve now."
Wendell: "Oooh, I see where you're hinting at. You should propose that to Min Hee."




Lucas: "You know what, I will! Then I'll also ask if we can bring the gnubb set with us."
Wendell: "Aha, that's a fun game, let's bring it along. Now that you're into good ideas, who do you think is the Assassin?"
Lucas: "... Iris?"
Wendell: "... Really? She brought in a lot of money today."




Lucas: "My gut says that most of it was Oliver's doing though."
Wendell: "... It would explain why they're not Eliminated yet... If I were the Assassin I'd get rid of the main moneymakers."
Lucas: "Hmm..."
Wendell: "Anyway, to go back to objects to bring along, what if we brought along the dance sphere?"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Lucas: "Oh my god. 'If I were the Assassin I'd get rid of the main moneymakers'. Now I'm starting to doubt Wendell as well, I mean, he HAS Wendi for a sister.. He's not mean, but I can see him being mischievous to trick us all by doing things as Assassin he'd then claim he'd never do as Assassin."

*Lucas shuts up all of a sudden*

Lucas: "...'As Assassin'. I better not try to say that 100 times in a row unless I wanna bruise my tongue..."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rooftop Playground
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





*Captain Dockhatt turns on the engine of the houseboat*

Captain Dockhatt: "Are all them landlubbers on board?"
Min Hee: "Yes, I just counted them all."
Odessa: "Lenka's on board too, so we're all settled."




Captain Dockhatt: "Good. Time to sail this vessel to our next stop, lightning bombs."
















Oliver: "We're officially undocked and sailing."
Eugene: "We should toast and cheer on making it so far."
Ethan: "Yeah, if we all survive the next Elimination we'll be in the top half of the season."



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diary Room
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Ethan: "We've made it really far already, and I'm kinda proud of that. We already survived the first week, now we almost made it to the halfway point, and after that it's only a small jump to making it to the 2-week-mark. After that... it's the endgame. And I'm really thrilled already looking forward to it, haha."






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Jetsetter
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Min Hee: "Welcome final 12. Welcome back... to the Jetsetter!"
Odessa: "Recap time: before we even arrived in Shang Simla, Apollo and Diana left the game already. The next day we also had to say our goodbyes to Frankie and Jerry."
Min Hee: "On day 6 the Assassin believed that it was Benjamin and Melinda's time to go, and yesterday we saw Pearl and Wendi bite the dust."




Odessa: "Seeing these people fall wasn't fun. But as every one of them fell, it also meant that you were all one step further in the game. And now you can say that you made it back to the Jetsetter."
Min Hee: "Tomorrow will be a calm day. No Challenge, only a Ranking coming up. You can use the time to get used to the Jetsetter again and to discuss your suspects one more time with your allies."
Odessa: "All while Captain Dockhatt will sail the Jetsetter to the next mystery destination. But... for two of you the game will end right before you arrive there."




Min Hee and Odessa: "Good luck and lots of wisdom!"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
End of Episode 9
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *







No comments:

Post a Comment